Saturday, September 10, 2011

United We Stand

The nation is in a state of reverence and remembrance as we commemorate the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. As I reflect on the things that are going on around me, I see the spirit of American in everyone. At one of the largest party schools in the country and amongst a generation sadly known for their selfishness and "me" attitude, I see a body of young citizens who care more about their world than some might think. Walking past a huge on-campus fraternity house, the one where raging parties are thrown and beer is consumed by the gallon, I stop to see a huge, white banner across the front facade. United We Stand. A small tribute, surely, yet it says something quite profound. Pray for peace and comfort for all those affected and let us remember those who lost their lives that day. God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment